Monday, July 11, 2011

I'm a REAL LIFE writer now!

I began this blog to promote my debut novel, ShadowShifter. With this blog I was not only going to promote it, but give the tell-tales of the learning process as an author, such as book-trailers (I still don't know what the heck I'm doing) or book signings (to be scheduled someday). I never thought that within weeks after starting this blog I would have to announce that my book is no longer available for purchase...

BECAUSE I JUST SIGNED A BOOK DEAL!!

This was my seventeenth submission to a publisher and/or agent. Some of the publishers have been large and well know. Some have been small. I truly didn't care which and it wasn't because I was DESPERATE to get published. I had already put my book out there for the world. Though it was self published, I had hopes that by plugging away at yelling others about my book and by the tried and true "Word of mouth" that ShadowShifter would be a fairly decent success for me. I just thought it would be nice if I could get a publishing company to believe in my book, too, and help me out in spreading the word.
Well, as of last week, I became an author for Passionate Writer Publishing.
I knew that their interest for my book was piqued, but when I saw the message from them in my email, I just "knew" that this was going to be my 17th rejection. I was gonna have to shrug, dust myself off, and look elsewhere for hope. I was so shocked, I had to RE-READ the email several time, just to make sure I understood that YES, they want ShadowShifter!!!
I blubbered like a baby. Nothing could stop my tears of pure joy.

So, here I am, and I had to take my novel off the market for a short time being as PWP are making edits and possibly redesigning the cover. I am so please with this. Now I have HELP with promoting my awesome book! I am no longer alone!!!!
I just can't wait for it to be re-published. In the meantime, I will continue to blog here - because I'm still learning as I go. I have no idea what curves will be thrown at me!!! And plus, I want to keep you all posted on ShadowShifter's new release as well as my progress with it's sequel, Lycanthrope!!!

So, YAY! As my boys would say, "I'm a REAL LIFE writer now!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!